Why not move to Subscribestar?

serega_mnf

Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:32 pm

From time to time we can make some 'extra spicy' games for you guys, but those games are gonna be released as a free one on GamesOfDesire. I see this as a good safe enough solution.
mugen64

Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:24 pm

thank you vadim and serega

for listening and at least considering to put games on GamesOfDesire from time to time also if possible also make it a voting round to as well im sure me and the other mnf community can come up with some spicy ideas as well
jeger696

Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:40 pm

xXGottSteinXx wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:12 pm
With all due respect, I feel as though that "matter of time" with another billing provider is a moot point when CCBill is imposing those restrictions right now. That matter of time could be years down the road, perhaps even longer, in which time you'll have full creative freedom to do nearly everything and put it out into the web.

Are y'all like in a locked-down contract with CCBill or something? Say there was a perfect billing provider, how quickly or difficult would it be to switch over?
This is exactly what I'm talking about. There are alternatives but they seem to be unwilling to try any of them based on the fear of some future rule changes. Even thou worst case scenario they'd just have to put back the same content restrictions they have right now.

Do whatever you want but that just seems silly to me. There's nothing stopping CCbill from putting up even stricter rules in the future as well but I don't see the same fear.

The only potential downside to Substar that I see is that it's hard to get all subbed users to switch to a new system. Most creators that switched to Substar from Patreon had trouble getting all the users over. On a plus side Substar might have payment options available in more regions allowing users that previously couldn't sub to sub.
Anonymous Master

Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:15 am

the reason why they might be reluctant is likely because they've likely tried alternatives, and given the nature of corporations wanting to cover their ass, especially for stuff that won't do well with the increasingly changing world, like with rape and beastiality, it's only a matter of time.
And it's not like everyone is capable or wants to use bitcoin or other cryptocurrency.

Also, some of the older games are gone, like the first few Tilda games, because of said rules and restrictions. The rules may not have existed when the games were first made, but as of the last year or 2, they have existed and increasingly cracked down on such content.
jradi5

Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:39 am

How about giving Subscribestar-Adult a try and keep CCBILL? That way MNF isn't chancing anything. MNF would be testing Subscribestar-Adult out to see if it would works.
L4ever4life

Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:27 pm

jradi5 wrote:
How about giving Subscribestar-Adult a try and keep CCBILL? That way MNF isn't chancing anything. MNF would be testing Subscribestar-Adult out to see if it would works.
Are you talking about having Subscribe Star exclusive games? Or are you talking about releasing two versions of the games with different sprites (aka an original and one with ccbill restrictions)?
jeger696

Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:49 pm

L4ever4life wrote:
jradi5 wrote:
Are you talking about having Subscribe Star exclusive games? Or are you talking about releasing two versions of the games with different sprites (aka an original and one with ccbill restrictions)?
I don't know what he meant but having 2 versions of the same game would be silly.
Exclusive games would make more sense.

Even simply having a subscribestar page as an alternative payment option with the same restrictions would be nice. It would help gauge user interest and willingness to switch. It might even bring in more people that for some reason can't pay through CCbill.

I see no downsides to having a substar page with the same restrictions up. And if it goes well they can consider exclusive games or potentially switching entirely.
jradi5

Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:15 am

jeger696 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:49 pm
L4ever4life wrote:
jradi5 wrote:
I don't know what he meant but having 2 versions of the same game would be silly.
Exclusive games would make more sense.

Even simply having a subscribestar page as an alternative payment option with the same restrictions would be nice. It would help gauge user interest and willingness to switch. It might even bring in more people that for some reason can't pay through CCbill.

I see no downsides to having a substar page with the same restrictions up. And if it goes well they can consider exclusive games or potentially switching entirely.
Same game on both. But, drop a game that CCBILL would not allow on Subscribestar-Adult to see how things go.
Lemon123

Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:58 am

serega_mnf wrote:
From time to time we can make some 'extra spicy' games for you guys, but those games are gonna be released as a free one on GamesOfDesire. I see this as a good safe enough solution.
It would be awesome to have a "spicy game" once in a while. If you decide to do so, it would be great to have a poll to see what "spicy" stuff would people like to see the most.

I hope that you shall have a great year and all of us will enjoy many good games with our favourite characters. I personally hope to see Griselda the busty orc, maybe in some goblin gangbang scenario.
Cheers.
mnf_vadim
Site Admin

Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:10 am

Lemon123 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:58 am
serega_mnf wrote:
It would be awesome to have a "spicy game" once in a while. If you decide to do so, it would be great to have a poll to see what "spicy" stuff would people like to see the most.

I hope that you shall have a great year and all of us will enjoy many good games with our favourite characters. I personally hope to see Griselda the busty orc, maybe in some goblin gangbang scenario.
Cheers.
Griselda is on safe side, she is just big green-skinned girl :)