Ideas and the removal of scenes.

GoDWlf

Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:51 am

Call it a bug bear but I've noticed over the last year or so, but ideas are changed and entire scenes are excised. While I understand that some ideas used to be quite long but as a community we seemed to limit ourselves to 4, 5 at the most. But, please, correct me if I'm wrong, we rarely get more than 3 these days, 4 at the most and it always ends on 'to be continued'

Surely if we voted on idea A then we get idea A, with alterations being of feasibility of drawing some weird-ass poses - and even then at the author's consent and any alterations made public and recorded.

Now I've been on a mini-crusade for a year now, better quality games so this ties into that. We're paying money for less than what we voted for, that's a red flag to me. When it was the artists own ideas - sure, whatever but once it opened up to the general community?

I get that it takes time and effort for each game, but it seems that the quality has been slipping in general with a few bright spots.

We are paying for this. We should demand higher standards and accountability, perhaps better and more open communication with the artists.

Slight capitalist rant aside. I am concerned that ideas that we voted for are being altered without foreknowledge.

Maybe it's just me, maybe not, but I feel this needs to be discussed, even if I'm just shouted down.

I should note that before the forum reset, my forum name was Vulpae. I typically reviewed each game.
beinghaseo

Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:58 am

Regardless if MnF makes any changes to this to basically guarantee that ideas stay as is, I am almost done with MnF.

Years of giving them my money, years of trying to get people to sub to them and continue the business, years of advertising MnF and this is how my shit gets treated?

At the moment I just want to unsub but I am actually going to think on it because I am mainly pissed the fuck off that no matter what I do, I don't get what I asked for. I pay the same price as everyone else. After awhile you get sick and tired of not being listened to.

I will sleep on it or whatever.
Brob

Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:36 pm

I still don't know why this is still a thing to begin with. People are paying $30 just to be compromise without any heads up? How can any1 get screw this badly?
GoDWlf

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:55 am

As a precaution I would advise all authors with ideas currently up for production regardless of artist, make a copy of their idea and post it to the forum (with local copies of course.) this way we as a community can have a point-for-point comparison when those games are invariably released.
TheUndertaker

Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:21 pm

Well Kelumir already make a thread about my idea here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20
and I still have the original script on my computer.
Kelumir

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:27 pm

I also still have the script for SWF 3 on my hard drive.